Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Do You Know What is holding You back in Life? Yes It is YOU

Walt Kelly [the great cartoonist/journalist] coined the phrase, "we have met the enemy and it is us," years ago when lamenting through his cartoon the harm being done to the environment by litterers, chiefly -- us. Up until that point, the complainers of the environment being harmed were probably thought to be some outsider intent on destroying the universe through thrashing the earth out. Surprise it's us.

You have perhaps not achieved the success in life that you thought that you would have achieved by now, success has alluded your grasp.

Straight up I am going to have to chastise you with this statement. It's because of you! It's because of your belief system. When set backs happen, which are a natural occurrence, that follows all up-coming success in life or business, one must rely on his belief.

So where do our beliefs come from? Why is it that some people have beliefs that guide them to success, while others crater under the stress of pressure?

Let's examine this by determining where our beliefs originate.

Number one:Environment. We are a product of where we come from, our up bringing, if you will. If a child is raised in the ghetto where deprivation of food, cloths, safety, and the lack of a proper educational environment are not present, then he or she are going to have issues with their self esteem. Suffice to say them having any sustainable belief that they can achieve high success in school or in any future decent work environment is hampered servery.

Contrast that to the child that is fed properly, loved properly by parents, and supplied with a safe home environment where the parents have a high regard for education and a strong work ethic, suffice to say that child will have a running start to having a strong belief in himself, and success in life becomes much more plausible.

Number two: Events, small or large can foster a positive belief. According to Anthony Robbins, the famed author of the book Unlimited Power. Short story to affirm Mr. Robbins belief, I was real estate investor for several years. One of the chores of an investor is to call upon home owners, to see if they would be willing to sell their homes for a substantial discount to me. Initially I would only call upon the cheaper home owners, fearing the higher priced home owners. Fearing that they would reject me immediately, ending my real estate career prematurely.

So here is what happen one day. I saw a house worth roughly $800.000 that the owner wanted to sell. I knew that I needed to get a discount of roughly 40% off of that asking price. I went out, met the owner and inspected the property. As customary I didn't give my bid there on the spot, but I was to fax it back to him.

I choked. My self esteem would not allow me to ask for a 40% discount. I was just fearing rejection. I did not have any posture, no belief in myself.

Guess what, the owner of that property, called me back. Little self confident me.He wanted to know why had I not given him a bid.

That did it. that one little call from him shot my confidence through the roof. Why? Because here is a perhaps millionaire, calling little ole me to bid on his $800.000 house.

Long story short I bi dded and lost out on the sale, yet gained Hugh confidence in my ability to call on any and all home sellers. I went on to make bids on multi million dollar homes, with no fear at all in prospecting large dollar homes.

My small event fostered a large belief system in me that I can enter any home and make an offer on that home.

The third way to enrich our core belief system is through knowledge. As we read more, travel more, do more, our belief is nourished. Personally for me, going off to college in Texas, some 800 miles away from Alabama, and studying, traveling and meeting people from around the globe enriched my belief in myself immensely. Just by me getting a 4 year degree, fostered my belief in myself to an all time high. It allows me to feel that I can hang out with the educated, if you will.

The fourth belief medicine is fostered through our past results. My wife sells insurance. Some times the sales come quickly in a given dead line week. Other times she struggles to make the given quota, yet she pretty much always make the sales quota because she knows that if she continue with the same work ethic in regard to being persistent on the phone, the positive results will happen. The positive belief is there.

The fith and final way to enrich our belief is by stepping into the future in regard to the way we want things to happen.If I am struggling with my network marketing career, things aren't going as planned with regard to immediate success, then I just imagine where I want to be in a few months. One of my mentors told me years ago, to go and visit the nice home that you want to live in in the future. Start making claims to your wants and desires.Believe it.

We have seen the enemy----it's us!

I'd like to talk further to you about strenghten your belief, check out the bio box.

Cordially,

Wendell

To get help with your belief system visit http://www.wendell.lifepathunlimited.com/1

Also visit http://wendellreviews.com

No comments: